Unable to fill gravity table in database

Just ran pihole -g after running pihole -up when the web interface reported that an update was available. The blocklists downloaded OK, but after the last blocklist download, the console showed the messages below. What does this mean, and how to fix it? Pihole is installed on an Rpi 4 with Raspbian Buster, and the web interface shows Pihole v5.1.2, Web Interface v5.1.1, FTL v5.2:

[i] Storing downloaded domains in new gravity database...
[✗] Unable to fill gravity table in database /etc/pihole/gravity_temp.db
/tmp/tmp.6REGUvThaW.gravity:383975: expected 2 columns but found 1 - filling the rest with NULL
/tmp/tmp.6REGUvThaW.gravity:383975: INSERT failed: NOT NULL constraint failed: gravity.adlist_id
[✓] Cleaning up stray matter
[✓] DNS service is running
[✓] Pi-hole blocking is Enabled

Have you been on custom branches before?

No, never.

Have you added extra adlists?

Yes, I added several when I first installed Pihole two or three years ago. No problem with them up to now.

The error is about sqlite not being able to import the downloaded domains (saved in an *.csv) into the temporary database. It expected 2 columns but found only 1.
I can't remember any change regarding paring adlist content recently.
Can you please try again pihole -g?
Do you have enough free space in your /tmp (df -ha)

I first thought maybe it contains empty domains. But then the lines should look like:

and the complaint should not be:

NOT NULL constraint failed: gravity.adlist_id

but rather about an empty domain

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.