Unable to complete update on raspberry1

I installed pihole about a year ago, made some updates but now I can't access the web interface. I connected an hdmi cable to the raspberry and the monitor and searched for update for pihole. Updates get stuck installing FTL and I get this error:
FTL...curl: (7) Couldn't connect to server Downloading and installing FTL Error: URL https://github.com/pi-hole/ftl/releases/latest/download/pihole-FTL-armv6-linux-gnueabihf not found.

In fact the link leads to a 404. The correct link should be:

https://github.com/pi-hole/FTL/releases/tag/v5.25.2/pihole-FTL-armv6-linux-gnueabihf

How do I update if the link is wrong? Can I do it manually from command line?
By sending the pihole -d command I see that the IP address of my raspberry no longer exists. Why?
Thanks for your help!

This is something you will need to address at the OS level. Your OS controls connectivity of your Pi to the network.

Tnx. There is something i can do to fix this issue?

Not having an IP seems like the source of all the issues observed. It's difficult to say how to fix it because it depends entirely on how it was set up before.

Make sure it's either cabled in with a working cable, or else that it is connected correctly to the WiFi.

Then run pihole -r and select Reconfigure and see if you are prompted to configure the networking. You mentioned it's a year old so this may still be the case for this installation. If so, you'll be able to repeat the correct settings for it to get its static IP address.

In otherwords, as long as you are connected to the network, you might be able to get away with using Pi-hole's own setup to configure/fix your networking.

For the benefit of other users this is what I did to solve the problem:

• from the command line sudo raspi-config and selected the gui
  • after the restart I configured the network again with the static IP I had previously
  • from the options I specified to boot on the command line
  • upon reboot I did all the updates with the following commands:
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt full upgrade
    pihole -up

Thank you all for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.