Unable to access admin profile after moving to Bulllseye

I have installed a fresh image of Bullseye and now Pi-Hole seems to be working however I cannot acces the Admin console like I use to be able to.

I also installed Lighttpd after reading some posts but this made no difference. I don't know much about Linux but I probably know more than I realize.

Debug tolken: f88MwYWyLa

Thanks in advance

The title says admin profile and you mention the admin console – to which part of Pi-hole are you referring? How did you used to access it and how are you not able to now?

The debug log shows there is no PHP installed on your system:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: php version
[✗] php version could not be detected.

The console, sorry about the confusion.

I used to simply enter the ip address of the pi followed by /admin/ and then the admin console would open. Now when I do this I get the message "403 Forbidden".

I can log into the pi via putty for whatever that is worth.

Thanks rbwebdesign. I didn't see that, but I wouldn't have known that this was causing my issue. I didn't have this issue when running Pi-Hole on Stretch. Is this simply a Bullseye configuration setting that I missed?

I installed apache2 but pihole -d is still reporting... "[✗] php version could not be detected."

Pi-hole doesn't use Apache.
Actually, Apache will interfere with the original webserver used by Pi-hole.

Did you uninstalled PHP?

Remove Apache and try to repair pi-hole installation using pihole -r and select "Repair" option.

Thanks again rbwebdesign. I removed apache2 with the "sudo apt-get --purge apache2" command and now I get the "403 Forbidden" message after restarting the Pi. Does Lighttpd need to be removed as well?

I feel like I am missing something obvious as when I set this up initially years ago there was nothing else to install once the initial configuration was established.

Did you try to use the command pihole -r, like I said on the last comment?

Yes, I forgot to mention that I ran "pihole -r" before the restart and I did not see anything during the repair that was obviously wrong.

What is the output of php -v on your system?

I ran the command "sudo apt php -v" and the result was "apt 2.2.4 (arm64)".

NO...

Only type php -v and hit Enter.

bash: php: command not found

This means your system doesn't have PHP installed (maybe you uninstalled it by mistake).

You need to install PHP on your system.

Try to install it using sudo apt install php-common php-cli php-pdo php-xml php-json php-intl and answer Y if asked to install additional packages.

Done.

Still get the "403 Forbidden" message after rebooting the Pi.

Please, generate a new debug log (remember to post the Token here).

We need to see if something changed after installing PHP.

vSdrQV1k from pihole -d.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.