Ubuntu 20.04 support?

are there any plans to support ubuntu 20.04 anytime soon?

What issues are you having on that release? If you provide us with information on what needs to be adapted then we can add that to support it.

1 Like

i'm not using 20.04 because the website says that that version is not supported. instead i'm using 18.04. reinstalling now, actually.

but i may install 20.04 on another card and try it out...

Honestly that will be the fastest way to get the release supported. Try it and let us know what to fix.

1 Like

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I've managed to install PiHole v5.0 on a RPi with a fresh install of Ubuntu Server 20.04 without any other changes and it runs as expected.

2 Likes

how exactly did you do that? i have all kinds of problems with the pi under 18.04, so i've decided to try 20.04. so far i've flashed 20.04 server on a new card but i haven't booted from that card yet. what's the next step? should i install a GUI?

There is no need to install GUI, just start the Pi with no GUI, connect to it via putty or whatever SSH client you want and install PiHole as you normally do: GitHub - pi-hole/pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements

LE: If you are referring to the web GUI, then yes, to manage the PiHole easier, you can install the web GUI.

I tried to install pi-hole but i kept running into the same error again and again. I started another thread: Installing pihole on a pi under ubuntu 20.04 - HELP!

Web GUI? You mean the web GUI that comes with pi-hole?

Yes, that one.

PS: I have replied to the other thread.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.