Trouble with Pi-hole Installation on Raspberry Pi

Hello

I am facing some issues with installing Pi-hole on my Raspberry Pi and need some help .
I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running the latest version of Raspbian. I followed the installation instructions for Pi-hole, but I am facing issues during the setup process.

After running the installation script, I am getting errors related to dependency installation or DNS configuration. I have referred Installation - Pi-hole documentation splunk resource but I am not able to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
gregbowers

@gregbowers
FWIW ...
If by "latest version" you mean Bookworm, then I too have found there was issues running Pi-hole smoothly on my Raspberry Pi's (3B, 3B+, 4B, 0W, & 02W models). When I reverted back to Bullseye, I no longer had any issues. I haven't had an opportunity to determine what is causing the conflicts, but I thought I'd, at least, offer what I have found to "resolve" it.

Interesting. I have bookworm running on a 4B, 3A+,ZeroW,ZeroW2 and have had no issues with any of them.

Once the OS is installed are running a sudo apt update && sudo apt ugrade before running the Pihole script?

Specifics of the errors would be helpful. Please post the complete output of the install command.

I have several instances of Bookworm running Pi-hole, with no issues.

Thanks. The issue turned out not to be directly related to Pi-hole, but with Bookworm ... at least, my understanding of some of the underlying changes it brought about. Specifically, I have been modifying the dhcpcd.conf file to configure static IP addresses for my RPis. I had a bit of a learning curve to find out that file was effectively replaced with the dhclient.conf one ... with a different naming convention for assigning those addresses. Although I know I could have assigned fixed addresses from my UniFi gateway, I prefer to do so at the client. So apologies as my post appeared to be blaming Pi-hole for my "Doh!" moment.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.