Toplist filtering does not work

Expected Behaviour:

Hide all domains specified in Settings --> API / Web interface in toplists.

Actual Behaviour:

No filtering happens. I am flooded with requests to ntp.org (timeservers) and in-addr.arpa (these are requests to the external DNS servers).

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/us46aab0vt

Got this problem for a while. Then today I updated pihole, flushed all logs, restarted everything. Still does not work.
A list query showed no entries for ntp.org or in-addr.arpa (concerning the "Show permitted domain entries" switch). I will uncheck that box now just for experimenting but actually want it to be checked.

The clients are ok. I don't mind if they ask for the time at ntp.org every hour. And I can't change it to different intervals.

The toplists are important to me to be alerted of unusual activity. But I permit this particular activity and do not want to see it anymore.

Yes, I already made a request on reddit about a month ago, but despite trying, I couldn't make it work.

Best regards,
Blockit

Please post some screens snaps of what you are seeing on your web GUI. In this forum you can paste images directly into a reply.

Hey, thanks for your reply.
Sure, no problem. Let me know if you want to see something specific.

2020-12-17 19_31_32-Pi-hole - raspberrypi

Best regards,
Blockit

Strange... I first thought it might be due to the wildcard syntax you used, but I tried it with one of my top domains and wildcards are working. Your debug log doesn't indicate an obvious issue.
Out of curiosity: does it work if you exclude a full domain like 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org?

I already tried full domain and unfortunately it didn't work.

But I just discovered something:
It looks like the toplist filtering does work on the toplist shown in the dashboard, but not for Long-term-data --> Top Lists.

The top lists only apply to the query log, not to the long term database.

Well so I misunderstood that setting. Hmm.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.