Thousands of Total Queries, 0 Blocked

Expected Behaviour:

New installation in a Synology NAS using docker. Asus Router configured to use Pihole as DNS Server.

Actual Behaviour:

I get thousands of queries, but nothing blocked. I got 215,393 domains in blocklist.
If I stop pihole container, all my devices on the network are unable to find any websites.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/5kk43vwe6z

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I even added some extra lists to my blocklist.
I know queries are going through the pihole, because if I stop the docker container, I get DNS errors on all the devices on my network. I even tried manually black listing some sites, and they still go thought when I try them on any of my computers.

Your debug log shows you've disabled blocking, at least at some time yesterday (only relevant lines shown):

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: contents of /var/log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 47153 Jul 30 18:44 /var/log/pihole-FTL.log
   -----tail of pihole-FTL.log------
  [2020-07-30 18:31:57.616 1351M] Blocking status is disabled

Let's check your current stats:

echo ">stats >quit" | nc localhost 4711

Where ?
On the WAN or LAN side ?

Also this about Asus routers and DHCP:

Thank you!, I didn't disable blocking, but today I tried disabling and re enabling it and it started working.
Sorry to waste our time, I didn't think of this, because the disable button in the dashboard didn't say that It was disabled.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.