The port 53 is already used by named

The issue I am facing:

Since the installation process, pi-hole seems not to be working at all, anytime I start it it just stop himself right after, to what was wrong i did a debug but even with that i could not find how to fix it, I have tried switching "#DNSStubListener=yes" to "DNSStubListener=no" in "/etc/systemd/resolved.conf" but it have not changed anything so i changed it back.

Details about my system:

Operating System : Raspbian Linux 11
Processor information : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) @ 270 bMips, 4 cores
Kernel and CPU : Linux 5.15.32-v7l+ on armv7l
Total RAM : 4Gb (3,32 GiB Total)

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:

I did not actually changed anything since it has started, however i have some programs that i installed before such as Samba File Sharing System, Jellyfin and Webmin

I have not seen this problem anywhere else when i was searching for the solution so I am posting this in case anyone could help me or redirect me to where the problem has been solved.

Thanks to anyone who will help me :slight_smile:

My Debug Token in case : https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/OpmRFzY1/

After making the change did you reboot or run 'service systemd-resolved restart'

The process named is on port 53, preventing pihole-FTL from binding to that port.

The solution is to stop named.

Hello thank for your feedback one that post, i actually did not run the command service systemd-resolved restart so i made the changes back and runned the command, i also made the command sudo service named stop to stop the named service as adviced by jfb

Those two command seems to have fixed the problem of the port 53 but this still does not work and i have those kind of errors :

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✗] Failed to resolve gbc6.da.us.criteo.com on lo (127.0.0.1)
[✗] Failed to resolve gbc6.da.us.criteo.com on eth0 (192.168.1.18)
[✓] No IPv4 address available on wlan0
[✓] doubleclick.com is 142.250.75.238 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv6) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✗] Failed to resolve www.pecgsm.termquotientbeen.top on lo (::1)
[✗] Failed to resolve www.pecgsm.termquotientbeen.top on eth0 (2a01:cb06:260:400:6e6a:5b6b:2d78:5924)

[✗] Failed to resolve www.pecgsm.termquotientbeen.top on eth0 (fe80::cdfd:3500:cc01:ae56)
[✓] No IPv6 address available on wlan0
[✓] doubleclick.com is 2a00:1450:4007:811::200e via a remote, public DNS server (2001:4860:4860::8888)

and this error too :

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Dashboard and block page
[✗] Block page X-Header: X-Header does not match or could not be retrieved.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Expires: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:30:28 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:30:28 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.59

I searched for a while but i could find anything that works so I am here today hoping that someone will have that anwser.

Again thank to those who will help me im glad that took time to help me fix a problem i could not fix myself. I hope you have a good day :slight_smile:

My debug token : https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/tILLKbyM/

Hello again, I guess i am dumb, i read something wrong while trying to fix the error i mentionned in my last replie, i forgot to restart pihole-FTL, its working properly for me now, i just followed what inside jfb's quoted post ! Thanks everyone !

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.