Using TEMPERATUREUNIT=f in Docker Compose file, expecting temperate in admin page to show in Fahrenheit.
Temperature still listed in Celsius.
Is there a known issue with the TEMPERATUREUNIT flag in a Docker instance of Pi-Hole? Running on my Synology NAS, the admin page still shows the temperature in Celsius. If I run the Chronometer script, though, it
does show the temp in F. Not a big deal but wanted to ask.
Can you post your compose file?
Can you shell in to the running container and get the output of the
env command to show what the current environment is?
Has the temperature display been correct before and now it's not?
Setting this environment variable sets the value in
setupVars.conf, but this is only used in chronometer (as you have seen) and PADD (also - use PADD, it's much sexier than chronometer)
For the web interface, the setting was moved to a per-browser setting alongside some others in this PR:
02:04PM - 02 Jun 20 UTC
**By submitting this pull request, I confirm the following:**
- [X] I have r
… ead and understood the [contributors guide](https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md), as well as this entire template.
- [X] I have made only one major change in my proposed changes.
- [X] I have commented my proposed changes within the code.
- [X] I have tested my proposed changes, and have included unit tests where possible.
- [X] I am willing to help maintain this change if there are issues with it later.
- [X] I give this submission freely and claim no ownership.
- [X] It is compatible with the [EUPL 1.2 license](https://opensource.org/licenses/EUPL-1.1)
- [X] I have squashed any insignificant commits. ([`git rebase`](http://gitready.com/advanced/2009/02/10/squashing-commits-with-rebase.html))
**What does this PR aim to accomplish?:**
- Add per-browser styling settings
- Use iCheck-bootstrap instead of iCheck2
**How does this PR accomplish the above?:**
A picture says more than thousand words:
![Screenshot from 2020-06-02 16-03-38](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16748619/83529532-c1444200-a4ea-11ea-8304-3b05215d3ece.png)
**What documentation changes (if any) are needed to support this PR?:**
Some further discussion around the subject can be found:
If I understand the code correctly, the possibility to set (better: read and use) the temperature by setupVars.conf was removed (or forgotten?) as the ability to change it per web GUI was implemented.
(see changes to header.php)
Argh, yes! I see that now:
I changed that and it worked. Sheesh, sorry. More user error.
The documentation wasn't very clear on the Docker readme... so I've changed that now, too!
February 16, 2023, 10:05pm
This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pi-hole FTL v5.21, Web v5.18.4 and Core v5.15.5 released
the temperature unit set in
setupVars.conf does also set the unit for the web interface now.