Teleporter privacy web interface not loading

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

The tabs should be loading.

Actual Behaviour:

The web UI isn't doing anything when I click on api/web ui, privacy and teleporter tab. this has only started happening since the last update. I think the raspberry pi may be full. So I'm going to reinstall pihole and see iof this works.

the web UI also reports lost connection to api every 3 hours.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/g85h9fk7z6

okay it seems my issues may stem from my sd card being full... I used pihole -c to figure that out.

As teleporter on the web UI is broken, is there any way to export the config files to my windows machine through SSH?

As almost anything in Linux is a file or folder, if a disk runs full, you can run into issues with establishing new network connections which in a sense is also a file.
Why not create some room first by deleting some and try the Teleporter export again after.
You can safely delete any of the archived .gz log files from Pi-hole to free up some space:

pi@ph5b:~ $ ls -lh /var/log/pihole*.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 152 May  9 00:00 /var/log/pihole-FTL.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 239 May  8 00:00 /var/log/pihole-FTL.log.3.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 28K May  9 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 76K May  8 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.3.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 62K May  7 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.4.gz

Most of that data is stored in the /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db dbase file anyway.
And you can use the df -h command instead of pihole -c to figure out disk space.
And if want to know where most of the disk space has gone:

1 Like

Copy the contents of /etc/pihole and you should have everything you need.

These are typically quite small and will make no meaningful difference in reducing disk space. Example of a Pi-hole processing about 15K queries daily. A bit more than 1 MB saved by deleting these.

ls -lh /var/log/pihole*.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole  575 May  9 00:00 /var/log/pihole-FTL.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole  462 May  8 00:00 /var/log/pihole-FTL.log.3.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 271K May  9 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.2.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 259K May  8 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.3.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 349K May  7 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.4.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 258K May  6 00:00 /var/log/pihole.log.5.gz

By comparison, the long term database for that Pi-hole, which is limited to 180 days of info, is orders of magnitude larger:

ls -lha /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 265M May 10 14:00 /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db
2 Likes

Yeah but sometimes a little bit can make a difference already to get a task done.
And I posted some more if not sufficient:

I'd recommend the following commands to get some breathing space:

sudo apt-get autoclean

or, if that's not enough:

sudo apt-get clean

This may well free some hundred MBs by removing packages from your apt cache (keeping the most recent ones or wiping them all) at the cost of having to download stuff again if you later choose to reinstall or reconfigure a package (I customarily run those before creating a backup image).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.