Taking a break from Pihole

I am taking a break from Pihole for a while, because it dont work so well,
i have just installed 3 ad blockers to google chrome, and they work like a charm.
Adguard home dont work either, so my nect step is to try a pfsense firewall to see if it is better.

assuming that pihole will do all the work isn't correct. pihole is a dns blocker, all other methods to serve (unwanted) content to your devices cannot be blocked, using just pihole. pihole is part of the solution, it will never be the ultimate solution.

pesonally, I use:

• pihole, works for all devices on the network, the advantage is you don't need to install anything on the clients.
  • ublock origin, needs to be installed on individual devices, using this on firefox and edge (chromium)
  • duckduckgo search engine (no longer using google) with duckduckgo privacy essentials, required on individual devices.
  • pfblockerng on pfsense, only using the ip part to block unwanted ip's, example talos ip list, works network wide
  • suricata on pfsense, works network wide.
  • port 53 redirect to pihole, for devices trying to bypass pihole (hardcoded dns server, such as chromecast, nvidia tv, android, ...), works network wide.

pesonally, I use:

I have not installed anything on my clients, but i have changed my dns settings on every client.

[quote]

• ublock origin, needs to be installed on individual devices, using this on firefox and edge (chromium)[/quote]
    It worked fint without before.

[quote]

• duckduckgo search engine (no longer using google) with duckduckgo privacy essentials , required on individual devices.[/quote]
    What is better with google.

I am planning to try pfblockerng.

What problems are you having - what is not working so well?

Since last update..............NO ADS at all is being blocking.

Let's figure out why.

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.