StartPage search

A search with StartPage causes a picture "capture" popup or a page "just checking" suggesting I'm a bot and overusing their service. I disabled the PiHole and the problem went away. I've looked for a setting to resolve this but without success. PiHole was setup by following a YouTube video and no modifications. Just out-of-the-box settings and DHCP server.

Every time you use it, i.e., even on the first try after some time? I'm using StartPage as my regular search engine, too, and have never seen anything like that. Similar to you I'm only using stock settings without any added blocking lists.

Which ISP/country are you on (if this matters)?

How does your Pi-hole's Query look like? Are there many blocked (red) queries?

That may be a coincidence.
I have no indication so far that Pi-hole would be involved here.

I have encountered this myself a few times:

So far, I've always been able to continue without manipulating Pi-hole, just by clicking back to < Home and re-submitting my query.

It's been bugging me for some time so I guess it worked a while ago but recently it's been every time on any of my three of my computers. I asked StartPage for help and all they suggested was that I some old or buggy software. I've found a way around the problem today, I configured the StartPage settings from their homepage and saved to a cookie which won't delete on exit. It's been working all day so far. I'm in Thailand.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.