SSH Drops to "packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.1.2 port 22: Broken pipe"

Actual Behaviour:

After being connected to ssh for a minute or two SSH drops with error " packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.1.2 port 22: Broken pipe". My connection is then refused if I try to reconnect. It also kills my ability to log into the admin page from laptop or desktop while maintaining the ability to login from my Android Phone. If I force a reboot from the admin page on my Android phone I am then able to SSH in again until the process repeats.

kbgb15kptf!

This is not a Pi-hole error. Even if DNS was down you would still be able to access via IP address. There is another issue on your network that would be causing this.

I have 2 other pi's on the network that I have no issues with SSH. What would cause the admin page to be accessible from an Android phone on wifi but no from a hardwired desktop or wifi connected laptop?

I couldn't tell you to be honest, I'm not sure how the admin page is involved with SSH dropping the connection, but as for the SSH issue you'd have to search around and see what would cause the error message you see.

Pi-hole just converts IPs to domain names, there's no way for it to cause a TCP connection to be terminated.

It appears to have cleared up after disabling the DHCP server on my router and having the Pi-Hole handle DHCP duties as well. I have no idea why that would have any effect on it but it's working. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.