Spotify web blocked even if it's in whitelist

The issue I am facing:
I try to visit the webpage open.spotify.com to have the web player of Spotify running in my browser, but I can't reach the webpage because pihole blocks it

2021-09-25 20:35:11 	A	open.spotify.com	Carontes.fritz.box	OK, answered by localhost#54321	BLOB (0.9ms)

every website marked as "BLOB" aren't reachable. How can I fix it? I've already whitelisted the above domain and all the others realted to spotify. Thank you

What's the upstream DNS server at localhost#54321?

Run from a client, what's the ouput of:

nslookup open.spotify.com pi.hole

Also, please upload a debug log and post just the token that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Thanks for your reply. I've installed DNSCrypt v2 as DNS server and the DNS server at localhost#54321 are different ones

server_names = ['ahadns-doh-nl', 'ahadns-doh-nl-ipv6', 'freetsa.org-ipv6', 'doh-crypto-sx', 'doh-crypto-sx-ipv6', 'doh.appliedprivacy.net', 'doh.ffmuc.net', 'doh.ffmuc.net-v6', 'v.dnscrypt.uk-ipv4', 'v.dnscrypt.uk-ipv6', 'arapurayil-doh-in']

This is the output of what you asked me to check

nslookup open.spotify.com pi.hole
Server:         pi.hole
Address:        fd00::dca2:f8ee:a666:bdd8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
open.spotify.com        hinfo = "This query has been locally blocked" "by dnscrypt-proxy"
open.spotify.com        hinfo = "This query has been locally blocked" "by dnscrypt-proxy"

Debug token

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/GtebLiur/

Thank you again

This would seem to be the BLOB that Pi-hole is receiving as answer from your DNSCrypt instance, which in turn would suggest that DNSCrypt itself is blocking the request.

You'd have to unblock your domains in DNSCrypt as well, or disable filtering/blocking in DNSCrypt altogether.

I completely forgot I had the balcklist.txt and ip-blacklist.txt with DNSCrypt, so I've deleted the spotify reference from blacklist.txt and now it works. The solution was simple but I forgot I had those two files. When I'll see another BLOB result in pi-hole I know where to look for. Thank you for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.