Some pages very slow to load

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

When I go to a website, I expect it to load within a reasonable amount of time

Actual Behaviour:

Some websites take more than a minute to load and sometimes don't load at all, instead timing out. Particularly Gmail, but others as well, including reddit, and the signup portion of discourse.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/ve1i96l8o9

Your debug log is normal. How is your router configured to use Pi-Hole?

Well, I'm not sure if this was the issue, but I was running dd-wrt on my ASUS RT-N66U. I was having really odd ping problems, and so suspecting dd-wrt, I installed tomato v1.28.

To answer your question, despite your instructions saying " Note: make sure you adjust this setting under your LAN settings and not the WAN", quite literally the only place I can find to set a static DNS server is under the WAN section of Tomato. I did in fact set that DNS address to point to my pihole box, and it appears to be working in the sense it is blocking requests. Furthermore, Gmail and other sites are loading correctly.

I'm going to mark this one as solved, pending your official approval of how I configured tomato with the static DNS server address. I'm assuming you had a good reason for specifying NOT to use the WAN dns option, and only the LAN, but given the circumstances -and the fact it appears to be working- I'd like to ask for clarification.

Thank you!

If it is working properly, your setup is OK.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.