Some aspects of web UI not working after update to 5.1

Expected Behaviour:

on the dashboard, client activity, query types, and queries answered by functions should display pie charts/graphs. On the blacklist page, upon adding an ad server url, the blacklist should update with the added url.

Actual Behaviour:

'waiting' icon (or updating, whatever the spinning arrows are called) is present on the 3 previously mentioned applets. On the blacklist page, I can add an ad server url, and get the pop-up stating that it has been successfully added, but it does not update in the GUI below. Additionally, I've tried restarting DNS, logging out/back in (multiple times), and manually updating the blacklist at the command line through SSH. All signs indicate that the added sites are in the blacklist, but they do not show in the GUI, and do not appear to be blocking ads from 'carbonads.net'.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/olgr9daajp

3 Likes

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

2 Likes

Yes, and I also tried using incognito mode. The ads have since started being blocked from the domains I added (which makes sense because everything was indicating they were in the blacklist).

However, the applets in the web UI are still not working (and the blacklist is still not updated).

Side note: why did it take ~20 minutes for my newly blacklisted URL to be blocked?

I tried:

pihole restartdns
pihole -up
logging in/out of the web ui
trying incognito mode on the site in question

None of those worked to block the ad. Basically, I just waited about 20 minutes and it started working. Is there something else I can do, or a service I can restart to immediately block the new blacklisted URL?

***UPDATE

After restarting my pihole, the web UI properly displays the graphs, and the blacklists.

nice. I had the same issue but Ctrl + F5 (IE) and that fixed my issue.

1 Like

Having the same issues here. Rebooted Raspi several times and nothing is display.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/40slvezgs0

1 Like

Same issue here using Chrome, but with Safari all appears normally.

Go ahead and clear your cache in the browser and see if that helps. I think that's what ultimately did it for me.

1 Like

I tried clearing my browser history and use other browser it works for me.

I did it it works thanks for your tips.

I SSH into my PIHOLE machine then gave the command:
pihole -r
I chose to keep existing settings and once it all finished just hit shift+f5 to refresh the browser window and mooshka - all good.

Using Chrome and PiHole V. 5.1

LOL I wish I saw this an hour ago before I completely re-installed my Ubunto 20.04 LTS VM and installed Pi-Hole fresh. I did a backup so not a big deal and I had some unclean VM shutdowns anyway so it was a good exercise to start fresh..

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.