Site hangs

When I visit this page on my network, it hangs with a "Loading, please wait" https://investor.homeunion.com/. The query log looks good. Nothing with homeunion domain being blocked. Any suggestion on how to continue to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you!

Open the browser's dev tools and go to the network tab. Reload the page and try again. Check for any network queries that are timing out or blocked.

Thanks Mcat12. I did the network check and it looks like its hanging on this request. www.googletagmanager.com. I entered this domain in its own tab and voila, it's blocked by pihole. See below. If it's in 4 lists, can I still white-list it and the white-list will override the block? Thanks

Access to the following site has been blocked:
www.googletagmanager.com
If you have an ongoing use for this website, please ask the owner of the Pi-hole in your network to have it whitelisted.
This page is blocked because it is explicitly contained within the following block list(s):

list.0.raw.githubusercontent.com.domains
list.2.sysctl.org.domains
list.6.hosts-file.net.domains
list.preEventHorizon

If you want to see the site without further ado, use the timer - timer to temporarily disable pihole

Yes, whitelisting will override the block lists. Was that request being made over HTTPS or HTTP? If it's the former, check to make sure that the Pi-hole's port 443 is rejecting traffic instead of dropping it. If it just drops it, then the client will keep trying until the timeout whereas if it rejects traffic the client will stop sending requests.

Thanks Mcat12. The request is being made over HTTPS. How do I determine if Pi-hole is rejecting or blocking traffic? Thank you.

View current firewall rules with sudo iptables -L.

Checkout iptables:

I would recommend this resource for iptables: Linux iptables Firewall Simplified Examples - Like Geeks
However, you can use nftables which is an encapsulated version of iptables.

Regards,

1 Like