Settings or even pi-hole updates not getting saved

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

I'm using pi-hole on raspbian on a pi3, I'm on version 4.0, and here are my issues:
When I try to update the static ip in dhcp, they don't get saved, even if the web interface says "saved succcessfully".
I tried to upgrade to latest version of pi hole using pihole -up, the script goes well, but after a restart, the pihole version goes back to 4.0.
I even uninstalled and re-installed pihole with same results (going from 4.2.2 to 4.0 after a reboot)! (i didn't reboot between the uninstallation and reinstallation). And after the reinstallation, my dhcp static ips were still there!

Actual Behaviour:

Being able to update pi hole to latest version, and my dhcp settings via the webinterface.

Debug Token:

for information, here are the dnsmasq.d files that I suppose should get updated:
pi@raspberrypi:/etc/dnsmasq.d $ ls -ltr
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 483 Sep 15 2018 02-pihole-dhcp.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1122 Oct 10 04:12 04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1589 Dec 9 22:16 01-pihole.conf

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/40cg1fsw2a

Sounds like a bad SD card that has gone in to read-only mode. Try creating a file in your home directory and see if that file still exists after a restart of the Pi.

1 Like

Indeed, a newly created file disappear after reboot.
Thanks for your help. I will back the sd to another card.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.