Set IP response address for A queries

I’m trying to configure PiHole inside a docker container to assure high availability.
I have two hosts that runs docker and there is a virtual ip configured between that hosts. The configuration is Active-Passive, when the first host goes down the VIP will be automatically assigned to the second host and the backup PiHole instance start to answers to the A queries. I need that PiHole uses the VIP IP address to answer the A query instead the physical IP address assigned to the network interface. How can I achieve that behaviour? I tried to use the LOCAL_IPV4= parameter but the A replies still uses the physical IP address.

Thank you to every one.

It probably would be easier if you distribute the regular IP addresses of both of your Pi-holes as local DNS resolvers.
This would allow clients to switch to the other IP if one of those IPs should become unavailable.

It would also be more robust, as that would kick in once the DNS service on one IP would fail, whereas the IP switch only happens if that whole machine is going off-grid.