Rebooted my Pi and now get a black/blank screen

Hello, rebooted my Pi and it brings up the Raspberry Pi Logo but then just hangs on a Blank screen that will flash a dash line every once in a while. So not sure what to do as it does this every time everything had been working normally before.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Sounds like something wrong with your SD card or installation. Do you have another SD card you could image? This would rule it out as the problem?

OK will see if I have another SD card, Anyways I was currently running this on Jessie and I am wondering if I should switch to one of the other supported OS’s such as Ubuntu: 16.04 / 16.10 Debian: 8 / 9 Fedora 26 CentOS: 7 and or is one better than the other or any advantages/disadvantages to using one over another. Also should I be using a Class 10 or above card or does the speed not really matter.

Thanks

1 Like

The speed doesn't really matter. The most supported OS would be Raspbian Stretch.

OK thanks I tried a different SD card and that wouldn't work like I couldn't even get anything to boot even though everything seemed to flash fine, so I just decided to wipe my original card and switch from Raspbian Jessie to Stretch Lite and it's now working again. So not sure what happened or why it became corrupted but glad it's working again and actually prefer using the lite version of the OS as it is just a headless install anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.