Query logging lässt sich nicht deaktivieren

Hallo zusammen!
Ich bin seit ein paar Wochen begeisterter Pi-Hole-Nutzer.
Allerdings habe ich folgendes Problem:
Trotz ausgeschaltetem Query-Logging werden weiterhin im Query-Log alle Anfragen angezeigt?!
Ist das so gewollt? Ich hätte erwartet, dass ich dann auf eine leere Liste treffen müsste...

Gruß

Ich bin kein deutscher Sprecher, also wurden die Wörter durch Google Übersetzer geführt.

Die Bündelung des Resolvers mit FTL ermöglicht uns auch einen besseren Zugriff auf die Software, so dass wir die Protokolldatei nicht mehr benötigen, um Statistiken zu erhalten.

(Bundling the resolver with FTL also allows us closer access to the software, so much so that we don’t even need the log file anymore to get statistics.)

Die Abfrageprotokolldaten werden direkt aus den dnsmasq-Protokollen gelesen.

(The query log data is being read from the dnsmasq logs directly.)

My question is: why do I see the query logs, even when I disable query Logging. So the button disable query Logging has no function, or am I wrong?

Your're right and wrong at the same time. It depends on your viewing angle.

"Disable logging" is a button that is there for ... let's phrase it "historical reasons". Once clicked, Pi-hole does exactly what is promised: It does not log any queries any longer (as in it does not write them to pihole.log) However, with v4.0, we also have FTL which keeps everything in memory.

I saw disabling the query log mostly in saving SD card writes but I can see other perspectives. For now, you need to also enable the highest privacy level if you want to have the network stay anonymous. We should rethink this for future releases.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.
But like I already wrote: I expected no entries in the "Query Log" .
But thats maybe only my viewing angle.
For sure I can use the Privacy levels, but they have an effect on the Dashboard statistics.