Query Log doesn't pick up my mobile phone activity

The issue I am facing:
I use my mobile phone at home a lot and I'm still seeing adverts come through when I use the browser FireFox or Chrome.

When I go to the pi-hole admin portal to check the query log, it only picks up the below:

I've noticed this happening since the new update to v5.1 release. Before I updated, the logs were working fine and showing me the activities coming from my phone and I could blacklist what I suspected to be ads or unwanted traffic. Now that I only see the screenshot information above, I can't do anything with it and it's not picking anything else up.

Details about my system:
Pi-Hole v5.1 running on Ubuntu Server 20.04LTS
Mobile Phone Pixel 4 running Android 10 -
All apps are on latest versions.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
I've setup Pi-Hole to run DHCP and switched DHCP off on my ISP router. Apart from this, I've not changed any other configurations.

Debug Token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/qfc1mkyjff

This is an indicator that some of the DNS traffic from that phone is going to a DNS server other than Pi-hole. You can verify this by tailing the pihole.log (pihole -t from the terminal is the best method), and open a web page on the browser on the phone. If you don't see a large burst of activity from that phone, then the phone is resolving DNS queries elsewhere.

Hi and thanks for replying.

I looked at the tailing of the pihole.log and can see my cellphone device showing up but now I'm even more confused because I'm also see this:

I've looked through my DHCP Leases and there is no 192.168.1.62 device listed. Pi-Hole is the only DHCP server I've got running so I don't know who or what that device is that's constantly talking to my pihole.

I've also checked the settings on my device and have switched off Private DNS (it was previously selected at Auto) but I'm now not able to connect to the internet via my mobile phone.

EDIT: Cancel my last, the IP ending 62 is my apple watch which was powered back on today. My cellphone seems to be working again after I power cycled pihole. Now I'm back to the original problem of now seeing any activities for my cellphone when I query log.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.