Qnap LXD Container with Pihole not working after update

Expected Behaviour:

-operating system Ubuntu Kinetic on LXD Container
-hardware]_ Qnap TS-230

Actual Behaviour:

Pihole was running fine until 2 days before that I updated to the latest version. DNS service not running and FTL is down. I made a clean installation of Ubuntu and Debian also and the problem is still exists. I have an old LXC Container with Ubuntu 18 (so I can't update) with older versions of pihole and is running fine. Today I updated to the version that released today and the problem still exists.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/LW7XQQGW/

Noone has an idea why latest version of FTL is not running?

[ DIAGNOSING ]: Pi-hole-FTL full status
   × pihole-FTL.service - Pi-hole FTL
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pihole-FTL.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /run/systemd/system/service.d
             └─zzz-lxc-service.conf
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2023-02-02 12:06:02 UTC; 22min ago
   Duration: 8ms
    Process: 26976 ExecStartPre=/opt/pihole/pihole-FTL-prestart.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 26989 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pihole-FTL -f (code=exited, status=218/CAPABILITIES)
    Process: 26990 ExecStopPost=/opt/pihole/pihole-FTL-poststop.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 26989 (code=exited, status=218/CAPABILITIES)

Feb 02 12:06:02 ubuntu-1 systemd[1]: pihole-FTL.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
Feb 02 12:06:02 ubuntu-1 systemd[1]: Stopped Pi-hole FTL.
Feb 02 12:06:02 ubuntu-1 systemd[1]: pihole-FTL.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 02 12:06:02 ubuntu-1 systemd[1]: pihole-FTL.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 02 12:06:02 ubuntu-1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Pi-hole FTL.

Can I install an older version of FTL (before 5.20)?

Same problem.
There are several threads about this issue already. You can run pihole-FTL as root - see here: DNS service not running
Also looking forward to an update or reverting the last version.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.