Problem with Domain name attached to multiple MAC addresses

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

This is an established configuration, that has been running for years, and now is exhibiting issues. So it is not a new setup.

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

_[Pi-hole is a VM, running on CentOS

My Expected behavior is that different clients should have different restrictions based upon the groups that I have set up (LightRestrition, Server, Pre-Teen, Teen, etc) So that a client that is in Teen can use for example TikTok, and Reddit, but Pre-Teen cannot. This is accomplished because I built a custom list for TikTok, and another for Reddit, and thus assign them to Pre-Teen, but not Teen.

This essentially blacklists only the Pre-Teen group from getting Reddit and TikTok

Now I don't need any help with this because it has been in place for years, and work fine until now.

As you can see with my picture, one of my machines vu-minecraft03 has gotten attached to a bunch of MAC addresses, and what this mean is that when filtering running and I am on system Harry3 which is in the group LightRestrition, it should be fine and get access to either TikTok or Reddit, it is being blocked in the logs is shows that Minecraft03 is requesting access and since PW-DAVESPRITE is restricted from either Reddit or TikTok, it gets blocked.

The only way Harry3 will get to either TikTok or Reddit is that all systems that have the MAC Address /VU-MINECRAFT03 are in a group like that is not restricted.

so if I set all of these clients listed to LightRestriction, the block it gone, but one only one of them is in the Pre-Teen group, they every system in this list blocked from Reddit and TikTok.

I just want to purge out the VU-MINECRAFT03, but do not know how to do this short of destroying and rebuilding the whole system.]_

Actual Behaviour:

[Systems that show up with with a MAC Address / VU-MINECRAFT03 in the client list are blocked unless ALL clients that have VU-MINECRAFT03 are permitted to blocked site ]

Debug Token:

[https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/oePSpaAA/]

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.