Problem with DNS

Hello, first at all I want to apologize about my English. I installed pihole in Xpenology DSM but I cannot make it run. I think is a problem with DNS.

Thanks!

[✓] Your debug token is: zgdhw6iabl

Several errors from your debug log. Pi-Hole is setup to listen on IP address 192.168.0.101, but the assigned IP address is 172.17.0.13 (on an entirely different IP range).

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Networking
[✓] IPv4 address(es) bound to the eth0 interface:
   172.17.0.3/16 does not match the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf (https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/use-ipv6-ula-addresses-for-pi-hole/2127)

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] www.bizoninvest.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✗] Failed to resolve www.bizoninvest.com via Pi-hole (192.168.1.101)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 216.58.214.174 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Setup variables
    IPV4_ADDRESS=192.168.1.101
    PIHOLE_INTERFACE=eth0

Check and correct the interface IP on the Pi-Hole host device.

how can I do that?

I can't help you with this as I don't use that equipment and am not familiar with it. Apologies.

It is a NAS like Synology. I use pihole on docker... Do you know someone who can help me please? thank you!

@diginc is the docker expert.

I would like to resolve by myself. But i did not understand where is the problem.
Did you mean I need to change setupVars.conf or that I need to change the IP of the NAS where I run pihole? The IP of the NAS is 192.168.1.101 so I think I need to change setupVars.con but I cannot find that file.

What arguments do you use to run your docker with on this NAS? What kind of NAS exactly?

Can you get the docker log output and upload that to pastebin to see if there are any errors in that?

It is a server hp g8 with a version of DSM 6.1.5 with Xpenology. I don't understand what you mean with "What arguments do you use to run your docker with on this NAS?"
<redacted log link> I think there is the log, but I don't know if I copied it in the right way. Than you for your help, if you need something more, please tell me.

Admin Edit: removed sensitive information log

What I mean is are you using the same docker run as the readme recommends or are you missing any arguments when comparing to that? GitHub - pi-hole/docker-pi-hole: Pi-hole in a docker container has the full argument list.

For instance the arguments --dns=127.0.0.1 --dns=1.1.1.1 were recently added as a requirement. Several people have been missing it and run into DNS starting issues, however I don't see that problem in your log.

If your running DSM did you follow this tutorial? http://tonylawrence.com/posts/unix/synology/running-pihole-inside-docker/

That's the guide most synology users reference that worked for them. I don't have any first hand experience with synology's docker setup.

Ok! I finally made it run with the DSM tutorial. But now I have another problem, i cannot access to pihole admin panel. I try with myIP:9090/admin and with myIP:80/admin. 9090 is the value I configured in WEB_PORT. Thank you.

setupVars.conf is located in /etc/pihole/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.