Problem setting up Pi-hole with Netgear Orbi

Hello - Is Hack Netgear Orbi to make it release Pi-hole IP as DNS meaning the Orbi will not work with Pi-hole as per the basic Pi-hole setup? Currently, i have the Pi-hole setup, changed the Orbi to point DNS to my static raspberry pi and it does not work! Only get internet back when adding 8.8.8.8 (google i think) as the 2nd or 3rd DNS alternative. I have not tried turning the raspberry pi/Pi-hole into the DHCP server also. Has anyone found that doing this causes Pi-Hole to work with Orbi?

thx
Brett

Moderator edit: Moved this post to a separate topic, as it constitutes a new problem.

I have an Orbi (RBR50) and have been running Pi-Hole for a while without any issues. I also switched it to be my DHCP without issues. Some cable providers force you to use their DNS servers if you use their modem. I have comcast and they did do that. I had to switch the DHCP server to the pi-hole to get it to work for all devices. I now have my own modem to save $17 a month and everything still works flawlessly.

Hi - Good to hear thanks. Yes, I have my own modem also. Would be good to know why it wasn't working with my Orbi doing DHCP. Not sure what log to collect / check to work that out. Anyway, will try hopefully tonight to move DHCP to the Pi and hopefully will all work from then!

thx
Brett

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.