Podman caching not working

it seems that my DNS cache in pihole is not working.
When I visit previously already resolved DN's then I get horrible resolve times of around 200ms (which is explainable because of the internetsituation that I am in).

One reason was to get pihole to speed up these ultra slow response times.
But if I open a previously opened site then I get the same horrible times.

I can not find in my podman enviroment where I could change settings so that I could check or configure the DNS cache.

{"cacheinfo":{"cache-size":10000,"cache-live-freed":0,"cache-inserted":24153,"ipv4":61,"ipv6":43,"srv":0,"cname":51,"ds":0,"dnskey":0,"other":0,"expired":26,"immortal":23}}

when I go into Recent Queries (showing up to 100 queries), [show all] (http://pi.hole/admin/queries.php?all) "query log" and then click on "show all queries" I get the following message:
An unknown error occurred while loading the data.
But it is not showing any data in there.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

yubiuser thank you for your help.
please see here:

[✓] ** FINISHED DEBUGGING! **

* The debug log can be uploaded to tricorder.pi-hole.net for sharing with developers only.

[i] Debug script running in automated mode
* Using curl for transmission.
* curl failed, contact Pi-hole support for assistance.
* Error message: curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

[✗] There was an error uploading your debug log.

• Please try again or contact the Pi-hole team for assistance.
  • A local copy of the debug log can be found at: /var/log/pihole_debug.log

/etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf is not existing. there is no 01-pihole.conf in dnsmasq.d

/etc/pihole/ doesn't exist

/etc/dnsmasq.d/05-pihole-custom-cname.conf doesn't exist when I SSL into it, but the log file shows entries here.

(mod_fastcgi.c.421) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/api_FTL.php on line 325

How did you install Pi-hole? Is this a docker installation?

PHP runs out of memory.

thanks,
correct, it's a docker install
opensuse on Pi 3B+

with find / -name " php.ini " I get several results of the php.ini
which one is it where I have to increase it to 512M and then restart the lighttpd?

If never changed this in docker, but on bare metal you should look for the one in the /cgi/ dir.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.