Plex Media Server Blocked

Anyone running Plex Media Server and have recently unable to play movies on their phone app? I am experiencing this and the cause is Pihole. When I disable Pihole on my phone, the movies would play. I have tried to tail log and find the domain being blocked, but fail to see any.

It's quite weird. I have not changed my blocklist, but new domains may have been added from their original owners. But, I am able to play movies via my browser while pihole is enable with the same blocklist. It's the phone I am having trouble with.

Hi @duceduc, you may need to whitelist my.plexapp.com I know this has helped fixed the issue for some folks. Hopefully this is helpful. :slight_smile:

my.plexapp.com

Grr. That is not it. Still blocked.

Well. After several hours of fiddling with it, I figured it out. It wasn't Pihole, but Squid. I am running squid along side and I need to add port 32400 to squid.conf apparently. Not sure why I need to add it now when it had been working for couple of years without it.

Need to add plex media port to squid.conf file.

acl Safe_ports port 32400 # Plex

Add *.plex.direct pubsub.plex.tv plex.tv

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.