Pihole works for a week then doesn't

The issue I am facing: I recently installed pihole and unbound using dietpi installer and checked all the setting after. Everything was working really well and no issues at all for about 1 week. Then my pizero completely became unresponsive and when I navigated to the IP address for the pi it said 500 internal server error.

I did check these pages as I had the same problem previously on a Raspbian install and have made sure that power requirements for pizero are met and the SD card is completely fine (zeroed sd card and checked read and write across entire card no bad sectors)

I'm completely stumped! It seems to do something to the whole system as I am unable to even SSH in when this error presents. I had to remove power and then reconnect power. Pihole was up then for approx 24hrs and then the same again.

I don't have any logs and I'm not sure why - I've checked the SD card but logs folder is empty

Details about my system: Pi Zero (w) running headless with dietpi installed system monitoring is all stable. Using latest pihole (from install script on website) and unbound.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole: Pihole is DHCP server and also using for all devices on home network as DNS Server

I would appreciate any help as currently pretty unusable and I love this project when it was working!

Since you are running a specialized/limited OS, I would contact the maintainer of that distro for assistance.

Hi

I am reluctant to do this as it isn’t a problem with dietpi. I have tried on both raspbian and dietpi which are both Debian based and both times used the install method as posted on the pihole website. It looks like a problem with the pihole setup but I’m unsure why

Please upload a debug log and post just the token that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Hi

Debug log = https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/eo4pqms02m

I've done a complete new install yesterday and again stopped working after 24hrs with a server error. Had to reboot whole raspberry pi in order to then ssh in and get debug log above

Thanks

More details please. What server is showing an error, what is the error, etc.

Screen shots (you can post these directly into a reply), log outputs from /var/log/pihole.log, /var/log/pihole-FTL.log, /var/log/syslog that show any errors, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.