PiHole+pi0, using shaw bluecurve router, not blocking

I'm using an ethernet connection following tutorial from LTT. I cannot set a DNS server from the router so I manually set some of my devices's DNS to pihole. However, I noticed that pihole only recived a few traffics from each device instead of all the traffic. Also even if I disconnect the pihole, my devices can still access the internet. Which lead me to belive that somehow they are talking to some other DNS server. But right now I have no idea exactly what's happening how to fix it.

Expected Behaviour:

pihole reciving all traffices and block ads

Actual Behaviour:

reciving little traffic and not blocking any ads.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/3w3813h2im

You have Pi-hole incorrectly configured for the active IP. Run pihole -r and select reconfigure, then select the correct interface and IP.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Networking
[✓] IPv4 address(es) bound to the eth0 interface:
   10.0.0.110/24 does not match the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf (https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/use-ipv6-ula-addresses-for-pi-hole/2127)

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Setup variables
    PIHOLE_INTERFACE=eth0
    IPV4_ADDRESS=10.0.0.100/24

Thanks for the quick response!
I changed the ip address tp 10.0.0.110. However, I noticed that in the debug log it says the gateway did not respond. I checked and it's the right address for the gateway. Could this be the issue?
new log:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/ikntxc8zls

I would ignore that error, since the rest of the debug log shows your Pi-hole to be working normally.

I did a reboot and disconnected wifi from the pi. It's getting more traffic. But it's still not blocking anything

What is the output of the following command from the Pi terminal?

echo ">stats >quit" | nc localhost 4711

pi@pihole:~ $ echo ">stats >quit" | nc localhost 4711                                               
domains_being_blocked 85004                                                                         
dns_queries_today 748                                                                               
ads_blocked_today 28                                                                                
ads_percentage_today 3.743315                                                                       
unique_domains 380                                                                                  
queries_forwarded 454                                                                               
queries_cached 266                                                                                  
clients_ever_seen 6                                                                                 
unique_clients 6                                                                                    
dns_queries_all_types 748                                                                           
reply_NODATA 22                                                                                     
reply_NXDOMAIN 24                                                                                   
reply_CNAME 129                                                                                     
reply_IP 239                                                                                       
 privacy_level 0                                                                                     
status enabled

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.