Pihole not working since last update

I just updated to the new version but it is not working.
Needs help.

(Moderator edit: explicit debug log removed)

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/7901w06c63

seeing a couple things from your error log

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Pi-hole processes
[✗] lighttpd daemon is inactive
[✗] pihole-FTL daemon is inactive

also

[2020-12-05 14:53:30.050 761M] *************************************************************************
   [2020-12-05 14:53:30.050 761M] * WARNING: Required Linux capability CAP_NET_ADMIN not available        *
   [2020-12-05 14:53:30.050 761M] *************************************************************************
   [2020-12-05 14:53:30.050 761M] * WARNING: Required Linux capability CAP_SYS_NICE not available         *
   [2020-12-05 14:53:30.050 761M] 

this points to your base image missing critical commands and could explain why your system does not function as expected

An often overseen but highly recomended option is pihole -r instead of poking around in all kind of settings.
When given the choice choos Reconfigure.

Your debug log shows you're running a 172.17.0.0/16 network.
That is the same as Docker's default bridge network.

If you are indeed running a dockered Pi-hole, you should never run pihole -r nor should you update via pihole -up.

Please refer to Pi-hole's Docker documentation on Upgrading / Reconfiguring.

1 Like

I have tried that. When I run pihole -r from the cli in docker I get, "error: neither IPv4 or IPv6 selected."

When I originally setup the pihole I followed these instructions

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to update docker and pihole to the latest release.
Pihole dashboard is reachable from the loopback address and I can ping the dns sever internally but I cannot connect to the outside.

That command does not work in Docker.

Read the upgrading section for our official instructions:

Edit: Are you running this on WIndows 10 Docker Desktop?

Yes this is Docker for Windows 10 and I have it set to use window containers, not linux containers.
The instructions you linked me is how I setup pihole in the past. In my attempt to update docker and pihole to the latest version/FTL, I must have screwed something up. I tried to uninstall/reinstall docker docker but that didn't help. If I try to pull a new pihole this is what I get.

We don't make a Windows/amd64 image.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.