Pihole not directing clients to PXE Server

I am using Pihole for DNS and DHCP on my home network on a R-PI. I have a PXE server on another device (10.0.0.239) and wanting clients to boot to it when pressing F12.

I have configured a new file in /etc/dnsmasq.d as follows:

root@raspberrypi:/etc/dnsmasq.d# cat 10-tftp.conf
dhcp-option=66,“10.0.0.239”
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,10.0.0.239

tftp is configured and confirmed to be working on 10.0.0.239
pxelinux.0 file is in the root of tftp directory

I have done a ‘tcpdump port 69’ on te PXE server while trying to PXE boot a client and there are no connections.

The client simply gives a pxe-e32 tftp open timeout as below:

At a total loss as to why this isn’t working.

Is any other dnsmasq configuration required on pihole? Or, do I need to configure dnsmasq on the PXE server?

Also, I want to confirm the /etc/dnsmasq.d directory is still used since FLTDNS is used.

In the dnsmasq manual I read about a dhcp-broadcast option.

Since this is a dnsmasq problem, not Pi-hole, have you tried contacting the dnsmasq mailing list? http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss

FTLDNS just contains an embedded dnsmasq, which operates just like normal dnsmasq.

Ok, I’ve managed to find the solution. I was originally using the answer provided in this post:

Which said to use this config file:
dhcp-option=66,“10.0.0.239”

However it obviously was not working.

Solution:

10.0.0.239 is the PXE server.

For some reason, the double comma is not coming through on the post. Should be 2 commas between the 0 and 10, screen shot below.

Issue resolved, thanks.

Double comma, write \,\,

i’ll try to correct my post and see that really my post have double “,” but it’s not show, sorry for this.

Sometimes it’s better a screen capture like you do.

Thanks for the aclaration.

You could also use the code button </> for this

Abc,,def

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.