Pihole not blocking Youtube Ads

Expected Behaviour:

[Should Block Youtube Ads and more, everything set up according to documentation and official guides (also checked manually if clients point to pihole as dns, which they are)]

Actual Behaviour:

[No blocking of YT ads (not sure about others ads but pretty sure there is also a lot of ads not being blocked, using default adblockers in browsers so hard to determine)]

Debug Token:

[https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/kbtYNTpS/]

AFAIK Youtube serves his ads differently, Pihole won't work (and any others url/DNS based blocker won't work (or not enough) btw)
For Youtube, just install ublock (free open-source software alternative to adblock)

to check if your pihole is working :slight_smile:
From your client you can check with
nslookup domain.com
It's should show your pihole IP.
After try a domain that you sure you blocked like Google analytics for instance : analytics.google.com
do as follow :
ping -4 analytics.google.com
is should also show you pihole IP
(or that : )

ah ok then maybe it is just youtube, I installed pihole to block youtube ads on firetv and mobile devices, my other clients already use adblockers. Then I guess it works.

That is not the expected behavior. YouTube serves ads from the same domains as the content. Long running thread here.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.