Pihole not blocking ads

The issue I am facing:
Recently switched modems to Verizon G3100. I logged into my pi and just setup pihole over again. Before going through the setup process I located my pi on my router and leased a static ip and made it the same ip address as the ip found on my pi using hostname -l.

I'm able to successfully login, but the top client I see is localhost. I have tried restarting my pi and the router and to no luck it still shows ads. Here is my debug token zwxplshxs3

Details about my system:

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Noting

Have a look here

You probably need to disable DHCP on your router and use pihole as DHCP server

I'm reading through this now, but I forgot to mention that I have my pihole hardwired with an ethernet connection. Shouldn't change anything right?

I saw your post on that thread saying that the article shared changes the DNS server upstream of your router. But that it routes all traffic to my router than the pihole.

I have never disabled my DHCP before, so are there any guides are steps I should follow to complete this? By doing so will pi hole automatically resolve as my DHCP?

If you configure your router that it uses pihole as upstream dns server, all DNS traffic will take the way client-> router-> pihole.

I'm not aware of any tutorials. Make sure you set a static IP on the device hosting pihole. In case something goes wrong, you could at least connect to the device and make modifications. I've not changed the DHCP on my network so far, but I would do as follow: make sure you have a healthy, working network. Set static IP on the PI, make sure you can reach it under this IP. Disable the DHCP on the router, enable DHCP in pihole. Reconnect a test client from the network and see if it workes (would not take the one you use to make the changes in the network). Dis/Reconnect all other devices.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.