Pihole may be crashing on me, not sure why

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Internet Access

Actual Behaviour:

It is seemingly random, but sometimes (like once a week), the internet will just stop working. I can access the pihole web page just fine, and it has all green lights in the status bar. I can also connect to the router and it will say everything is fine and connected to the internet.

The way I have been fixing it is to go into Settings->System->Restart System. When the system restarts, the internet starts working again.

I have also noticed that very consistently, I'll get dropouts while playing video games (specifically dota 2), when my friends are over (like 3-5 of us playing at once), will cause the internet to crash as well (which is fixed by restarting the raspi).

Debug Token:

s6irt7ieht

Is there a setting I don't have correctly set? Is my raspberry pi 3 not able to handle computers playing multiple online video games at once?

Do you see any crash reports in /var/log/pihole-FTL.log? They start with this:

---------------------------->  FTL crashed!  <----------------------------

Is it possible to access the logs from the web portal? I'd have to connect a keyboard/mouse/screen back to my raspi again to get access otherwise.

No, you can not access past logs from the web portal

If you don't have ssh access enabled, if you enable it on the Pi you can run it headless and no longer need to connect the keyboard, monitor, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.