Pihole keeps taking network offline

Expected Behavior

I have a Netgear Nighthawk Mesh system, MR60 with DHCP disabled in favor of running it on my Pihole. Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with a static IP address set during initial config. This device has had the same issue several times. First time it occurred I reimaged it and the issue reappeared after a couple of days, so I bought a brand new MicroSD (64G) and set it all back up from scratch and a few days later happened again.

Actual Behaviour:

My Pihole keeps taking my network offline after a couple of days operating normally. I would try running it without DHCP to test if the Pi is not properly renewing leases, but my MR60 is not capable of setting DNS addresses through DHCP so it makes the Pihole kind of pointless when configured that way.
When the issue occurs, the Pihole does not respond to pings or load the web admin page, but other devices will. To fix the issue I usually just jump in my router and turn on DHCP there again.

##Debug Token:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/UVwv8cLM/

Maybe your Raspberry Pi actually doesn't have a static IP.

Your debug log shows your Raspberry Pi is currently using an IP set through DHCP (from your router).

Without a static IP set, when you turn off the router DHCP server, the Pi will keep that IP until the lease expires. After that there will be no IP address.

Does it fail if you ping (or access the web interface) using IP?

Are you 100% sure the Raspberry Pi has a static IP configured?
When you turn off the router DHCP, how are you setting the static IP for the Raspberry Pi?

I think that was the issue. I swore I did that properly already but reconfigured it this morning and it definitely wasn't static. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.