pihole is not blocking any ads

Expected Behaviour:

blocking ads after replacing dns on my android phone with pihole ip address

Actual Behaviour:

not blocking any ads even if i was able to connect to the web interface and queries blocked are adding up

Debug Token:

jvybxnfpoy!

Try this: Pi-Hole works everywhere except Android Phones - #95 by caalca

i did change my ip to a static one but what i did diferently is i set both the dns on pihole in my raspberry pi 3b and on my seconde dns on my android phone to cloudflare dns

It is only necessary to let the DNS of the machine or turn Pi-Hole if the other DNS can take the relay is deactivated the filtering system.

You must either indicate in your BOX / Router the IP address of the station where Pi-Hole finds or indicate the DNS server on each station that you want filtered.

It wouldn´t be a problem in blocking adds. But if DNS on the router is the Pi-Hole static IP it would not be necessary to repeat it on the Android phone. I suggest to do what I dit because of this reason: maybe you create a problem with this redundacy, first your router make the ad filtering from the Pi-Hole, then it take the secondary DNS of the Pi-Hole for external comunication (the one you set on the setup) and in the phone you direct everyting again to the Pi-Hole filtering and external DNS. So you get more input lag and bypass the ad filtering.

EDIT: Do that and tell us if you got your problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.