Pihole docker stops working

Hi,

After a while my docker image on 5.8 stops working and shows %undefined messages on the gui. I created and uploaded a debug text and here with the token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/4cV1cOrG/

What additional information can I provide to help remediate this?

Thanks a lot for your continued work!

Cheers
Remko

Please provide a screen shot of what you see on the GUI. In this forum, you can directly paste an image into your reply.

Hi JFB,

Sure, here it is!

(hopefully that worked ;-))

Cheers
Remko

It does seem that the resolver still works though, or at least it gives me results for google.com.
When recreating or restarting the docker container it is up for several hours, and a pihole-exporter (prometheus) sees it as being enabled and that it does its magic. Then at some moment it stops responding to the GUI (as seen on the screenshot) and the exporter reports the instance as "down".

The same version works fine on a raspberry pi3b (in fact, they are the same setup wise).

From the debug log I noticed that the gravity.db was messed up. I recreated it and will follow whether it will live through the night.

It still seems to function just fine. Would it be an option to check whether the gravity.db is corrupted and recreated if it needed?

I'll continue to monitor this ofcourse. Thanks!
Remko

I should have better read the logs, or rather, actually read them. I thought that I could have found the logs with 'docker logs -f pihole', but instead it was in a logfile (which was generated by the debug and report command, thank you for that).

It would be awesome if gravity.db corruption can be detected, mentioned on the GUI somewhere, and/or try to automatically recreate the gravity.db if that occurs (with a certain recreation limit so that it doesn't keep recreating endlessly).

Thank you!