Pihole crashed, after reinstall cpu usage now 15% and up (was 1-5%)

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Lowering CPU Usage overall to stock

Actual Behaviour:

Tonight after using "sudo pihole -up" the full system crashed. After reinstall now the usage is overall by 15% and more. It was like 1-5%.

Debug Token:

[✓] Your debug token is: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/f1jtprlhay

Debug looks fine. CPU usage is within what would be expected. 15% is not much at all.

Okay, then im fine. Is pihole automaticly clearing queries after x hours/days?
Im using a 32gb sd card.

I'm not sure I understand the question. DNS queries are not stored on disk, they just exist in memory. Pi-hole does write log files but nothing that would take up 32G.

So i never need to clean an logfile or somethink like this?
I build up a cabinet with router, fan, pi etc and dont want to take them out there for a long time.
Thats why im asking.^^

You can just delete the files if they grow too large, you don't have to change SD cards.

Yes but this is the point. Do i get a info screen on webinterface it more free space is needed? I Just thought if this heppen he clear thinks automaticly to just let it run and exist.^^

When you SSH in to do regular maintenance and operating system package updates you'll be able to check free disk space and act accordingly.

This is also a think i want to avoid if its not nessecerry for me to do updates. Im Fine with the status of the system, all runs fine no need to install other software for me or do updates i dont need.

The only thinks installed are xrdp, Pihole, nfts whatever to run an copy from usb hdd in ntfs mode. And SSH Mode on but very rarely used.

It's a linux computer doing a network sensitive function. You need to make sure that security updates and fixes are applied in a timely manner.

Hm okay. I also tought this is an automaticly function for doing updates in security reasons.
How often should I check for updates and free memory? Whenever I carried out updates the pihole was broken and had to be reinstalled because, for example, only read on the SD card went.

By the way, I live in a village with less than 700 inhabitants. If I do not do a security update, the world will not go down.

The thing is connected to the internet, so the point of it located in a remote location is moot.
Misconfigurations and/or vulnerabilities might allow others to access your box.

If it's not mission critical, I'd just enable auto update for at least security patches and call it a day.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.