Pihole command not found after installation

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Actual Behaviour:

For testing I installed pihole on a Pi zero and it worked great. So I installed pihole on my Linux box with more power and the installation looked good. But after the installation the machine has no DNS resolution anymore and when I try pihole I get command not found.

Now I'm not able to uninstall pihole for re-installation. I tried a new installation (after adding all needed urls to hosts file, because no DNS for this machine), but with no luck.

Is there a way to remove pihole and do a clean new install?

Update: A new installation aborted at updating the local repo(s). I added github.com in hosts and now the installation ends at install packages. The progress bar is shown for about 1 second and then the install aborts. I remember that my pi was busy for a while at this point.

I have still no pihole command available.

Update: My DNS problem is solved. I did not know DNS settings in /etc/resolv.conf. But the installation is still aborting at the same point.

sudo rm -rf /etc/.pihole /etc/pihole /opt/pihole /usr/bin/pihole-FTL /usr/local/bin/pihole /var/www/html/pihole /var/www/html/admin

Reinstall with the curl script.

What OS and platform are you running under the Pi-Hole install?

I deleted all but with the same effect after installation. Progress bar for about 1 second and back to prompt. No pihole command available.

I use latest debian on an Intel board with a dual core Atom and 2GB RAM. OS os running on an SSD with enough free space.

By latest does this mean Buster/Sid or Stretch?

Run this command to show details: hostnamectl

Static hostname: aliosha
Icon name: computer-desktop
Chassis: desktop
Machine ID: 545c38b79cb54d189ca84e6c213ad60c
Boot ID: b8e08eb782494dcf94cb64a1afba3373
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64
Architecture: x86-64

Could it be a problem that there's a Nextcloud installation on port 80 and 443 on the machine too?

It sounds like you have an issue with some packages not installing correctly. Try manually installing the packages it lists as marked for installation. There must be some error occurring during their installation.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.