Pihole blocking 0% of queries

Having an issue with the pihole. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, and reinstalled many times. I think it is conflicting with something else on my pi but not entirely sure what is going on. I was able to get it working and get it to be the DHCP server so all my machines were being routed through it. It was the best of times. No ads in sight. What a beauty. The day after the install I could no longer access pi.hole/admin and it was not blocking ads even though when I accessed the admin through the pi's ip address it was listing all of my machines as being on the pihole's dhcp server. I tried rebooting, checking the status, disabling and enabling. Nothing will put this thing back on the right track for me. Short of re-installing the OS and trying all over again I'm not sure what to do. My debug token is wigukp0rp5

The IPv6 address you have configured does not match any IPv6 address the device currently has. Run pihole -r to reconfigure.

I did not set that, any idea where/how that can be reconfigured? I've completely uninstalled pihole and reinstalled. I can get it to work by setting my dns on my machine to the pihole IP but I cannot use it as a DHCP server due to this issue. I ran pihole -r but there didn't seem to be a spot at which I could actually reconfigure the IPV6 address

Update:
I used ifconfig to get my inet6 addresses and chose a different address from the 3 and replaced the ipv6 address in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf and the debugger then passed the ipv6 section. I do think there is a bug here though, the ipv6 address being used originally was definitely the correct address of the pi, it matched what was returned from ifconfig exactly so I'm not sure why it was getting mixed up.

1 Like

Does it work now? IPv6 addresses often change, depending on which type they are.

Have you read this?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.