Pi-Hole on docker not resolving

Hello my friends,

This is the first time I'm setting up Pi Hole. I choose a docker container because i already have a server running with other containers.

My setup is pretty straightforward, I have half a dozen containers, none of which conflicts with 53 or 80, the server doesn't have any firewall except the shenanigans docker does with networking and all clients are on the same VLAN as the server itself.

Well, my problem is that i can reach the Pi Hole web interface panel trough my server IP address but Pi Hole itself don't answer to any DNS requests. If i set any machine to resolve DNS to pi hole i got no DNS solving at all and if i check pi hole queries all queries are from "localhost", not even the server itself outside the container can solve to the pi hole.

$ nslookup google.com.br
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

[1]    8584 exit 1     nslookup google.com.br
$

I've setup the container as:

docker run -d --name pihole --dns 127.0.0.1 --dns 1.1.1.1 -p 53:53 -p 80:80 -e TZ="America/Sao_Paulo" -v "/media/files/docker/pihole/pihole":/etc/pihole -v "/media/files/docker/pihole/dnsmasq":/etc/dnsmasq.d --restart=unless-stopped --hostname littlething.lan -e VIRTUAL_HOST="littlething.lan" -e PROXY_LOCATION="littlething.lan" -e ServerIP="127.0.0.1" pihole/pihole:latest

I hope anyone can help me with that situation.

Hello friends,

It was an PBKAC issue, i forgot to allow 53 UDP packages, once i've specified UDP streams on 53 all things just work out.

docker run -d --name pihole --dns 127.0.0.1 --dns 1.1.1.1 -p 53:53/udp -p 53:53/tcp -p 67:67/udp -p 80:80/tcp -e TZ="America/Sao_Paulo" -v "/media/files/docker/pihole/pihole":/etc/pihole -v "/media/files/docker/pihole/dnsmasq":/etc/dnsmasq.d --restart=unless-stopped --hostname littlething.lan -e VIRTUAL_HOST="littlething.lan" -e PROXY_LOCATION="littlething.lan" -e ServerIP="127.0.0.1" pihole/pihole:latest