Pi-hole on a Orange Pi Zero 2

Hi All,

I am bought a Pi Zero 2 and having issues getting Pi Hole on my Pi Zero 2. I have installed Rasberry Pi Lite on and SD card. From there I copied and pasted the wireless SSID and password to the network. When I power up the Pi and look for the IP address on my router its not showing up at all. So I went a head and directly plugged in the Pi into the router and still dont see anything. The network green light is flashing and lighting up so I know something is going on. Dose anyone have any good trouble shooting advice? I have been following this guide as a reference to get Pi Hole installed on this Pi.

I don't think Raspberry Pi OS works on Orange Pi hardware?

A Pi Zero 2 does not have a wireless interface.

To connect that device to the network you need a USB-ethernet adapter.

Is there a way to check this. From what I could find on some Pi-Hole forms people siad that it worked with Orange Pi?

This is the one i got off amazon and it has dual band wifi.

https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Pi-Allwinner-Open-Source-Microcontroller/dp/B0B6BKTCLL?tag=pihole09-20

I would try to install a Debian or Ubuntu OS not a Raspian OS.
http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/service-and-support/Orange-Pi-Zero-2.html

Then follow up with the install of PI hole and cross fingers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use an Orange Pi Zero with Armbian and pihole. It works fine. Update need a bitof time. This small Computer is not really fast :wink: but it's fast enaugh for pihole

1 Like

I will try out Armbian and see if that works. General question is there a status light letting me know the Pi is powered up? Trying to make sure I dont have a dead board.

Did you try to turn it on to see if a LED lights on?

I think this is what you're looking for (did you try to search?):

There are 2 LEDs: Power and Status

Yeah I did search and found the same. I wanted to double check because no lights are coming on, however, when I plug it in and plug in the ethernet cable it lights up green. This will now be the second board that has done the same thing that I recieved from Amazon like this. I was not sure if it was me, the power supply, or Amazon. The power supply is exactly what is called for.

Did you try to connect your Orange Pi to a monitor/TV using a micro HDMI cable?

Maybe the lights only come up if there is a SD card inserted, or if the Operating System boots up.

I never used a Orange Pi board, so I can't say if the LEDs should be ON automatically or if you need some config.

These questions will be better answered on a Orange Pi website or forum.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.