Thanks for the reply. You’ve led me to an interesting finding. It’s only my laptop that’s not working. Everything else in the house is fine. I saw those address but figured they were just local. I cannot ping those address, nor do I understand how they are there. I disabled IPv6 with the same result. Can you explain to me what would cause those address to show up? Are they something other than what would be connected to my router? Interestingly enough, what led me to realize it was just my laptop was when I reset my server, my laptop still had internet access, like nothing was wrong. I flushed DNS and still going right through. I checked DNS settings on wifi properties, and it was set to “use the following” but it was blank. I manually set to pihole and they still come up, meaning my laptop is somehow the only thing bypassing it, even though it’s connected to the same network the same way. What would cause just one computer to bypass pihole even when it’s manually set to it and what causes those other IPv6 addresses to show up?
Thanks for your time.
EDIT: Setting up with Windows DNS settings set to PiHole is reflected on PiHole itself. It shows sites being allowed/blocked. I went to speedtest.net and all ads show up while they don’t on other PCs. This was the result of what was allow/blocked.
I checked out https://ads-blocker.com/testing/ and the same exact ads that show up on speedtest.net, which is something I forgot to mention, it’s always the same ads from googlesyndication, which is blocked. Pulling the pihole log even shows googlesyndiction blocked when I load the website, but they’re still loading somehow, just on this PC.
Interestingly, I have no ads on facebook, pausing pihole will cause them to popup. So it seems it’s random sites that use google, are normally all the same exact ads, and pihole is reporting them as blocked from what I can see.