Pi-Hole impact on emails

The issue I am facing:

Since installing an RPi hosted Pi-hole Ive noticed emails do not display pictures with associated links that can get me to the website. I whitelisted the domain for the linked site, which worked only once. I like everything the Pi-Hole is doing, but don’t want it to filter my emails or associated links, and when I whitelist a link, I need it to work all the time thereafter.

Details about my system:

RPi 3 hosting Pi-Hole

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:

Just white lists.

Thanks,
Bob

These tools can help you determine which domains are being blocked that interfere with your content:

What OS is the client on which you are viewing emails running? MacOS has some particular settings to get emails to load.

Edit:

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Had a similar issue on my Apple devices through Pihole. Are you seeing this issue on Apple devices?

Mine was resolved I think by using the information here: BUG - IOS15/MacOS Monterey - Apple Mail Security 'your network settings prevent content from being loaded privately' - Help - Pi-hole Userspace

Specifically, I set BLOCK_ICLOUD_PR=false, and it worked for my situation.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.