Pi-hole forwarding local dns when queried with HTTPS

The issue I am facing:

I'm using Pi-hole with unbound as my upstream DNS server. Everything is working fine. The local dns also works fine when I query the server with A type DNS query from my terminal. but when the browser asks for the dns query of a machine in the local network then it faces problem. here I'm attaching the query log of the dns requests.

When the type is A type the request sends a response of the IP of my router. and my home lab machine but when the query is of type HTTPS it doesn't send the request rather forward the dns query to the upstream dns server (in my case unbound) and my upstream sends with NODATA as the response as the local dns records are present in the local host.

Details about my system:
I'm running the pi-hole and unbound both on the docker.
What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:

N.B: The address resolution works fine. All the queries of outside my network is answered fine only the local dns queries when queried with type HTTPS is not answered as pihole is forwarding the queries to the upstream DNS server.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.