Pi-hole Doesn't work in my router

Do you have any tutorial that i can follow ? , please send me , that's really worth .

By the way , i change the dns adress on dhcp settings on my router and i put the adress of pi-hole .
I don't know if i do that correctly

Let's start with the debug token.

The loopback IP you have listed in the router settings is incorrect. Your debug log will show me the correct IP to use, and also show if there are any other problems with your Pi-hole install.

ok , let me send you the token https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/CmYbjd9a/

The correct IP for the Pi-hole is:

This is what you enter in your router DHCP page. Enter it twice (put it in Server2 as well) if the router configuration page will let you.

Then renew the DHCP leases on all clients.

i already enter this ip , i enter again but nothing work. Also , I can't type the ip adress in the both side .

note

Your DHCP range is different than the IP of the Pi-hole.

The router is using the range 192.168.1.x, but Pi-hole is on a different private LAN range - 10.0.2.x.

You need to resolve this.

so , i have to replace 192.168.1.1 by 10.0.2.15 or what ?

What are the IP addresses of some of the other clients on your LAN?

i haven't deep competence in network , so i didn't really get it what you said.

Soo you can show me the step and i follow you

Your question isn't related to Pi-hole, but to your Virtualbox VM's network configuration:
It would seem that 10.0.2.15 is the internal IP address of your Virtualbox VM, which is only known within Virtualbox, while your home network is operating on the 192.168.1.0/24 range.

For Pi-hole within your VirtualBox VM to be reachable by your home network clients, you'd need to configure a route to your VM, or you'd need to configure your VM's network adapter connectivity to accept or forward traffic for the IP of the host running Virtualbox to your Pi-hole VM.

Either way, that would be a Virtualbox configuration issue.
See e.g. Pihole on Ubuntu Server in Virtualbox VM - #2 by Nakoma for a possible solution approach.

1 Like

O.K.

I can help!

I know it looks bleak but check this out!

Two ways to go about this.

First, inside virtualbox, set the network interface to "bridged adapter".

Make absolutely sure that you also select the network interface (NOT RDIS ETC) either your wired interface, or the wireless card in use.

This will allow you to (inside the virtual machine) change the virtual machine ip address to whatever you want. To do this with NAT default setting, a command-line too called VBoxManage.exe is required--figured you wouldm't want that much complexity.

Inside the VM, virtual machine, even if your actually using a wireless connection, you can still set the linux system to a wired connection, avoiding the need for wireless drivers on both your main system and the virtual.

I success to put my virtual machine into my network .

I have a new pi hole ip : 192.168.1.5
i can now access to pi-hole interface in my main os

but the blocker still work only in my rapsberry pi os and not in my all lan

thans for your answer , that helped me very well

Hey, I'm just going to bring it up: You clearly care about privacy.

Well, using a web-browser that is developed basically to spy on you, and make the Internet an ad-infested, tracking-infested place of information-sharing, is the opposite of supporting a privacy-respecting web.

Mozilla Firefox is definitely the way to go! You can uncheck (turn-off) the telemetry in the settings and turn off the "recommended articles" from Pocket on the home page.

Firefox is open-source (thankfully) just like pi-hole, and Linux, which runs an overwhelming majority of all web servers.

Please cite your souces.

O.K. that's not difficult, give me a day or so. And so you're on Google's side?

After reading your own wiki on trackimg, you want me to prove how invasive Google is--with all the blocking to stop their services.... O.K. Get ready for some EFF articles...

You know what they say about assuming things.

The FLoC debacle

Project Nightingale:

What is it, the web 3.0 thing? So there is definitely that.

Oh I don't know, maybe they are very likely the world's most used and also most default DNS server on this planet, along with 92% market share of all web searches...

Chrome is like a data-addict constantly needing to get another fix. Nobody needed them in 2008 and nobidy needs them now.

Chrome is the most data-hungry web browser ever developed to date:

Also how about schools entrusting said company with the data of all ranges of age, relating to the nature of chromebooks that students are forced to use in order to complete schoolwork now? Students nor teachers are happy about it:

Not enough? Well, how about the abaolute fact that Google removed the phrase "Don't be Evil" -- because we know they can be (data-theft wise) they changed it to:

"Don't do evil" which, courts rule is enforcable by law since Google choose to use that language to imply meaning.

I could find more, and I will add this last bit

So, still think Google has your besr interests in mind, or their own?

I really don't have an opinion one way or the other.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.