PHP Errors After Installation - Help needed

After a fresh install of Pi-Hole, I reached the /admin page and I'm receiving a couple of PHP errors:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/header.php:8) in /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/password.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/header.php:8) in /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/auth.php on line 80

The graphs will not load either. I've tested it as my DNS server and it seems to forward without issue but I'm not seeing any ads blocked. Pi-Hole is up to date and confirmed running.

Oh also, this is on Ubuntu Server.

Just to test if it's blocking ads or not, try to go to

doubleclick.net

I was able to go to the site and ads were still present on all sites visited - cnn.com etc

It may be an issue with permissions one the either the directory, or php itself

What do you have on line 8 of /var/www/html/admin/scripts/pi-hole/php/header.php? If you have the latest version of the web interface, it should look like this: AdminLTE/header.php at master · pi-hole/AdminLTE · GitHub

Mca12 - the lines match what was in the link provided. This was recently installed and should have the latest version, it was also updated to confirm.

Deathbybandaid - I think you're right about the permissions thing, how do I correct this?

When you say fresh install of pihole, do you mean raspbian, or just pihole?

Just pihole on an ubuntu server vm.

Fresh Ubuntu, or anything installed already?

Not fresh but recently updated distro. I had splunk on there before but was removed.

what do you get when you run

stat /var/www/html/admin

stat /var/www/html/admin
File: '/var/www/html/admin'
Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: fd00h/64768d Inode: 1439529 Links: 7
Access: (0755/drwxr-xr-x) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)
Access: 2017-05-25 07:26:46.854728650 -0500
Modify: 2017-05-23 20:53:34.480368757 -0500
Change: 2017-05-23 20:53:34.480368757 -0500
Birth: -

That looks right,,, do you know how to check if php is using the www-data user?

Nope, how do I go about checking?

I'm on mobile right now, I'll try and get back to you when I have the chance,,,

it's in your php.ini file

depending on what version of php is installed. it could be in different directories

Has there been any update re: this? I just installed pi-hole on my raspberry pi 3 running stretch (newly imaged SD card) and got this error w/ a fresh install as well.