PHP-8 packages not found

I just tried to install it on my Raspberry Pi400 with Ubuntu 20.04 and got the following error:

What can I do ?

Did you install PHP8.0 intentionally? I'm running Pi-hole on Ubuntu 20.04 as well and my system uses PHP7.4. For which the required package is available.

Yes I did, because I run a Nextcloud on the same raspberry and they support it.

Well, we support it as well, however your system is missing a package that we need so your PHP8.0 installation is somewhat incomplete.

With PHP8.0, the JSON functionality is part of the core, so there exists no dedicated php8.0-json package. Ergo for PHP8 support, that package wound need to be removed from the dependency list, conditionally.

Shall I send a PR or do you think it's not worth it anymore, as of Pi-hole v6 with PH7?

Please do so. We don't know when v6.0 will arrive, yet and may be releasing an intermediate v5.x version in between.

PR up: Enable PHP8 support for Debian/Ubuntu by MichaIng · Pull Request #4135 · pi-hole/pi-hole · GitHub

1 Like

Hey, I'm a little new to this. I am also getting the same error, that should i do, should i just wait?

My solution: go to /etc/.pihole/'automated install', then sudo nano basic-install.sh.
find and delet "${phpVer}-json" in PIHOLE_WEB_DEPS=(lighttpd "${phpVer}-common" "${phpVer}-cgi" "${phpVer}-${phpSqlite}" "${phpVer}-xml" "${phpVer}-json" "${phpVer}-intl")

save and exit, then ./basic-install.sh and your server should be uptodate

2 Likes

perfect, that does the trick. Also works with "pihole -up".

Yes, that fix needs to be applied manually until the local version has it included.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.