One or more databases giving readonly errors

I performed a pihole -up yesterday, from the previous to the current version, and had the problem where everything froze due to swap I/O on this Pi 3B+. That lasted around 30 mins. After that I was seeing these errors repeating in FTL.log:

[2023-03-24 08:04:22.409 561/T627] Error while trying to close database: database is locked
[2023-03-24 08:07:01.172 561/T626] WARNING: Storing devices in network table failed: database is locked
[2023-03-24 08:08:01.226 561/T626] ERROR: SQL query "END TRANSACTION" failed: database is locked (SQLITE_BUSY)

After 12 hours I returned to the Pi and found the Query Log and graphs had no new entries since then. I rebooted and Pi-hole appeared to come back up and work again. Query Log and graphs now showing new entries and the repeating errors no longer appearing in FTL.log.

Pi-hole's DNS blocking is functioning correctly but I'm getting readonly database errors on all operations, such as trying to delete an adlist or add a domain.

adlists_readonly
domains_readonly

I've tried another reboot and a /forcefsck reboot with no change, and the debug log isn't reporting any issues with the databases.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/nReJV1Xb/

Rather than risk making it worse by guessing which databases to try and redo, I'm posting this in case there's a better approach.

This appears to have been fixed by temporarily switching branches to the gravity-test branch (suspect it's more a case of having a successful clean gravity run as a result of switching to that branch).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.